KaVo DIAGNOdent™ Laser Cavity Finder
Ask Family Dental of Fort Myers if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
About The DIAGNOdent™ Laser Scanning Process
- First, the laser is calibrated to your teeth by scanning one of your cleaned surface areas.
- Once the laser is calibrated, all of your teeth will be comfortably scanned within a few minutes.
- The laser desktop unit will emit an audio signal when cavities are discovered and provide a digital readout of the cavity location on the tooth.
- The degree of tooth decay depends on the amount of fluorescence recorded.
Advantages of the DIAGNOdent™ Laser Cavity Finder
- Proven to be 100% accurate in effortlessly finding hidden subsurface cavities that traditional methods may miss.
- The procedure only takes a few minutes and is painless.
- Because decay is found early and instantly fixed, small issues can be diagnosed and corrected before becoming problematic.
- Fixing small problems early means less dental work, which saves you money.
- The laser is completely harmless to the soft tissue in the patient’s mouth and doesn’t require protective eyewear.
For more information about the KaVo DIAGNOdent™ laser or to make an appointment, contact us at 239-561-2665 today!